Monday, April 25, 2011

Full Moon Interrogation

As the Sun drops slowly
into the horizon of the turbulent
Cancerian sea
the Moon pulls tight on the cord
as she swings around our watery globe
in the eternal celestial dance

And the waxing Moon pulls on the tides
draws the blood from my womb
and causes a multitude of emotions
to be released into the shallows
like the seeping ejaculate
of cliff hanging starfish

My thoughts are carnal
exciting, rising
until her Capricious Highness
turns her head in my direction
blinding like the interrogator's lamp
staring with unblinking eyes
into the freshly dug graves of my heart

CONFESS!

Fantasies of new lust
morph unexpectedly
into memories of the recent past
smears of gleaming crimson
turn to dried stains on his skin
his words a mantra
summoning my inner divine
"I always wanted to taste a witch's blood"

CONFESS!

I thought it was fading
the pain replaced with smugness
but one simple night to confirm my suspicions
of his glaringly obvious downfall
has had a slow acting effect
that doesn't feel like justification at all

CONFESS!

All those well chosen words
sincere at the time, before...
before I realized that he's still not going away
like the never ending climactic sequence
of a cheesy horror film
I hold my breath, bite my tongue
fearing, waiting, for that plunge
as the white tipped wall of unfettered emotion
rips me from my narrow perch

I rip the covers from my sleepless bed
blood seeping from my womb
and tears streaming from my eyes
confused and obsessed at the meaning of my
reaction

Why should I feel guilty?
that's only the shell of the man I love
dancing like a hollow puppet
as he is tossed away on the surf
too far out of reach
he's drowned himself away


Originally written by Marion V. Darkstag  **Note
July 16th, 2008



No comments: