Monday, April 25, 2011

Don't Stick Your Tongue in the Electrical Socket

I lay awake, restless
your words bouncing around inside my mind
stripping electrons from each stable element
of my psyche
storing the latent charge within the filaments
of my spine
until my emotions explode
dazzling and erratic
from your verbal Tesla machine.

I am weary of words.
In matters of love
they prove to be redundant
or deceptive.

My naive lover
shut up and kiss me.
Let me read the Braille on your tongue
and experience the poetic truth
you express so eloquently
when our bodies unite.

The loose ions of our passion
draw us together
raising tiny hairs and biting at our fingers
seeking to course through the conductive metals
in our blood, our bones
in the circuit of our joined flesh.

And the energy builds
generated through the kinesis of our thrusts
flowing through your loins,
my vertebrae,
and sending a twisting blue arc
from my unblinking eyes into yours.

Unspoken understanding
We create love in the moment.
The truth is grounded in our shared experience.

You fall nervously again upon your words
a static filled signal is
broadcast across the distance.
In frustration you attempt to mentally engineer,
complicating us
with your talk of color coding,
safety switches,
and the dubious use of extension cords.

You don't see
how your words so easily corrupt
how verbal definition will, at best,
diffuse and drain our truth
while one overlooked wire
could cause catastrophic damage
to both of our psyches.

So I lay awake, restless
your words bouncing around inside my mind
as I fearfully watch for an upsetting spike
on the meter of language.


Originally written by Marion V. Darkstag **Note 
February 14th, 2007.

No comments: